Monday, June 17, 2013

"If I can make it there, I'm gonna make it anywhere..."


I have a thing for fashion magazines for obvious reasons, but I love love love travel magazines as well. Not only because I love to travel (wish I do it more often), but mostly because it takes me to places that I've never been and makes me dream of it. So, one of those places is New York City of course! It's a city that fascinates me since I remember, I was 8 years old when my grandparents went there and I remember they brought me so many gifts and candies so different and delicious, but above all what caught my eyes was their story about the city and trip and the photographs they took, I immediately feel in love with NYC for the first time. The second time that I feel in love with the city was when I start watching religiously The Sex And The City again and again and again (I just love the gal's and of course Carrie). For these reasons and many others I always say to my friends (and they think I'm nuts) despite never been there I know NYC like the back of my hand, but it's true I really feel I know it (now you think I'm nuts)...
Me and my friends are planning a big trip to the US, starting in NYC of course, but only in two years so we can save enough money to do things properly and enjoy the best of it! So I started my savings today with my little golden pig moneybox. New York City here I comeeeee... :) Sooner if not later!


Eu tenho uma queda para revistas de moda, por razões óbvias, mas simplesmente adoro as revistas de viagens. Não apenas porque adoro viajar (e gostava de o fazer com maior frequência), mas também porque estas revistas levam-me a sítios que nunca fui e fazem-me sonhar. Portanto, um desses sítios é a Nova Iorque, claro! É uma cidade que fascina-me desde que me lembro, tinha eu 8 anos de idade quando os meus avós lá foram e lembro-me perfeitamente que trouxeram-me imensas prendas e doces diferentes e deliciosos, mas acima de tudo, o que me chamou mais a atenção foram as suas histórias sobre a cidade e a viagem e as fotografias que tiraram, apaixonei-me imediatamente por Nova Iorque pela primeira vez. A segunda vez que me apaixonei foi quando comecei a ver religiosamente a série Sexo e a Cidade, uma vez e outra vez, e outra vez (adoro as raparigas e claro a Carrie). Por estas razões e muitas outras, digo sempre aos meus amigos (e eles acham que não sou  boa da cabeça) que conheço Nova Iorque como a palma da minha mão, mas é verdade, eu realmente sinto que conheço (e agora vocês é que acham que não sou boa da cabeça)...
Eu e os meus amigos estamos a organizar uma grande viagem aos Estados Unidos, começando, claro, por Nova Iorque, mas só daqui a dois anos para que possamos todos poupar, e fazer uma viagem como deve de ser, aproveitando tudo ao máximo! Então lá comecei eu hoje as minhas poupanças, com o meu mealheiro de porquinho dourado. Nova Iorque, aqui vou euuuuu... :) Mais cedo, ou mais tarde!

A kiss to the cheek,
Um beijinho na bochecha,
Nidia Gomes

4 comments:

  1. E prepara-te, vai ser uma viagem inesquecivel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria's Secret vai ficar vazia :D excelente ideia!

    ReplyDelete